Benchmarks to build effective institutions for political, social, and economic reform and progress
The Islamicity Foundation
We have incorporated the “Islamicity Foundation,” a non-profit 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt corporation in the United States to take ownership of the Islamicity Indices project with the mission of bringing about peaceful and positive change in Muslim countries. To this end, the Foundation will develop an organizational structure that is supported by a vast global community of Muslims who better understand the teachings of the Qur’an and support peaceful reforms and more effective institutions. Such an informed global community of Muslims, with the moral support of millions of Muslims and non-Muslims around the world, would be in a position to peacefully encourage rulers to build effective institutions and to initiate much-needed reforms to enhance human and economic development across Muslim countries.
The Foundation plans to raise a significant endowment to generate an income stream to support its mission. The Foundation will manage the program to refine and update the Islamicity Indices and design and implement a work plan.
The Foundation’s Work Plan
– Collaboration with local country partners that represent over half the Muslim World to publicize the program and the latest indices, monitor developments along each dimension of the indices and to issue an annual report on their country’s indices and policies to establish effective institutions (increasing the number of countries covered each year). Our initial country partners are:
Afghanistan: Fara Abbas
Bangladesh: Tanvir Ahmed
Bosnia: Edib Smolo
Indonesia: Dr. Putri Swastika
Iran: Hossein Mohammadkhan
Malaysia: Dr. Liza Mydin and Daud Vicary Abdullah
Nigeria: Dr. Fatima Abdulkarim
Pakistan: Dr. Irum Saba
Senegal: Dr. Adama Dieye
Singapore: Dr. Hazik Mohamed
Tunisia: Dr. Khaled Troudi
Turkey: Dr. Nihat Gumus
– Convening of an inaugural conference to announce and kick off the program followed every five years with a conference to take stock, monitor progress and disseminate results
– Yearly improvement and updating of the Islamicity Indices and adoption of a third party audit plan for data and calculations
– Publication of an Annual Report on the latest indices with institutional recommendations, and white papers on a few Muslim countries bi-annually delineating areas of progress and shortfall
– Further development and expansion of the Islamicity website to a new platform to allow interactive capabilities for a connected global network
– Establishment of a Fellows Program and a Faculty Exchange Program with fellows and faculty invited from a handful of Muslim countries each year to engage in promoting indices and institution building in their countries
Although the Islamicity Foundation has been organized as a stand-alone entity, in time and if appropriate it could partner with a world-class university. This would afford the Foundation and its mission more visibility; it would facilitate fundraising activities; and most important, by teaching seminars on Islam and development and on Islamicity Indices, the Foundation could develop a cadre of young collaborators to better accomplish its mission around the world. Please click here for a Program Summary.
Please pledge support for the mission of the Islamicity Foundation.
Support by Check
Donations can be made by check (This is more favorable for the Foundation):
Please make check out to: Islamicity Foundation, Inc.
Please mail to: PO Box 229, Hamilton, Virginia 20159, USA
The Islamicity Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization; donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.