We have incorporated the “Islamicity Foundation,” a non-profit 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt corporation in the United States to take ownership of Islamicity Indices, and have tasked it with the mission of bringing about peaceful and positive change in Muslim countries with Islamicity Indices as its instrument. The founding Board of Directors of the foundation will be enlarged and diversified and an International Advisory Board will be established during 2018.
The goal of this program is to develop an organizational structure in Muslim countries to build a vast global community of Muslims who better understand the teachings of the Qur’an and support peaceful reforms and more effective institutions. Such an informed global community of Muslims, with the moral support of millions of Muslims and non-Muslims around the world, would be in a position to peacefully encourage rulers to build effective institutions and to initiate much-needed reforms to enhance human and economic development across Muslim countries.
The foundation plans to raise a significant endowment to generate an income stream to support its mission. The foundation will manage the program to refine and update the Islamicity Indices and design and implement a tentative work plan that includes:
– Collaboration with established local NGOs (or support for the creation of new NGOs) initially in a few Muslim countries (tentatively Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia and Qatar) to publicize the program and the latest indices, monitor developments along each dimension of the indices and to issue papers on policies and their implementation to establish effective institutions (increasing the number of countries covered each year)
– Convening of an inaugural conference to announce and kick off the program followed every five years with a conference to take stock, monitor progress and disseminate results
– Development of a five-year Plan of Action
– Yearly improvement and updating of the Islamicity Indices and adoption of a third party audit plan for data and calculations
– Publication of an Annual Report on the latest indices with institutional recommendations, and white papers on a few Muslim countries bi-annually delineating areas of progress and shortfall
– Further development and expansion of the Islamicity website to a new platform to allow interactive capabilities for a connected global network
– Establishment of a Fellows Program and a Faculty Exchange Program with fellows and faculty invited from a handful of Muslim countries each year to engage in promoting indices and institution building in their countries
Although the Islamicity Foundation has been organized as a stand-alone entity, in time and if appropriate it could partner with a world-class university. This would afford the Foundation and its mission more visibility; it would facilitate fundraising activities; and most important, by teaching seminars on Islam and development and on Islamicity Indices, the Foundation could develop a cadre of young collaborators to better accomplish its mission around the world. Please click here for a Program Summary.
Please donate to support the mission of the Islamicity Foundation.
Donations by Check
Donations can be made by check (Which is more favorable for the Foundation):
Please make check out to: Islamicity Foundation, Inc.
Please mail to: PO Box 229, Hamilton, Virginia 20159, USA
Islamicity Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization; donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.